Pronto is the latest addition to our technology tools to support your learning. Pronto is both an app and a web-based messaging tool that allows students and instructors to interact with one another in real time (think Facebook Messenger) without sharing phone numbers or usernames. You can create study groups or student groups, share files, and even “go live” on video. To get started with Pronto, just click the “Pronto” link on your Blackboard course menu or download the app. You’ll be prompted to set up your account.
- Messaging among students in a course
- Direct messaging with any Ottawa University student or faculty member
- Anyone can create groups
- Presence detection so you can see who is online when you are
- Browser-based and mobile app interfaces – communicate the way that works best for you
- Live video chat
- File sharing
- Task management (create, assign and manage tasks for yourself or your group)
- Real-time language translation
Download Pronto through Google Play or the Apple Store.